Navigating Nuances & Refining Eligibility Determinations
COVID-19 Notice: OSPA has every intention of holding this conference in person. We cannot offer a hybrid option. We will be monitoring and adhering to all health orders. We urge attendees to follow health and safety practices, including wearing a mask unless actively eating or drinking. OSPA will provide a limited number of masks for those who need them. In the event that a government health order prohibits in-person events, the conference will be held virtually. OSPA will provide as much notice as is feasible should it become necessary to alter the format.
- November 8-10, 2023
- Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Wednesday, Nov 8
Key Considerations for Ethical Practice in School Psychology: Contemporary Issues & Events
Presenter: Kathy McNamara, Ph.D.
Thursday, Nov 9
AM Session: Extended Update from ODE's Office for Exceptional Children
Presenters: Sarah Buoni, Bernadette Laughlin, & Joe Petrarca
PM Session: Panel Discussion: Continuum of Supports for Behavioral and Mental Health
Presenters: Kassie Anderson, Cara Fisher, Amanda Gillespie, & Samantha Schoeppner
Friday, Nov 10
AM Session: Evaluation & Diagnosis of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders Under the BASC-3 Model: Getting it Right & Getting to Interventions That Work!
Presenter: Cecil R. Reynolds, Ph.D., ABN, ABPDN
PM Session: Decisions, Decisions: Is It a Speech-Language Impairment or Specific Learning Disability? Or Both?
Presenter: Ashley Arnold, MA, LSSP, NCSP
- Click Here
- Click Here
- Registration Form:
- Click Here
- Click Here
- Stipend Request:
- Click Here (No more stipend funds available)
- We will be pre-selling both a Long Sleeve T-shirt AND a Hooded Sweatshirt with a new design for pick up at the conference (see brochure for details and order when registering for the Conference). Click Here to see the design. Please note that while we will have some extra Long Sleeve Shirts for sale at the conference the Sweatshirts are PRE SALE ONLY! Long Sleeve T-Shirts are $20 and Sweatshirts are $30. Orders must be placed by October 13th.
- Hilton Columbus/Polaris: Room Rates $200 (1 King Bed Executive Level with Sofa Bed) to October 18th or until sold out. Click Here to book online (SOLD OUT)
- Online Registration: Click Here
- Book Club:
- The association has received funding through the Ohio Department of Education’s Office of Exceptional Children to create a Community of Practice for you! One of the ways we are doing that is by creating a monthly book study. This year’s book is Lost At School: Why Our Kids with Behavioral Challenges Are Falling Through the Cracks and How We Can Help Them. Club sessions will beheld on Zoom, facilitated by Emil Boyne and Carina Turner with dates and times to be determined by those interested in participating. This book study is offered at no cost and only to OSPA members. Click Here to sign up and opt to pick up your copy at the OSPA conference or have it mailed to you for free. Complete form by Oct. 20 to ensure you receive a complimentary book.
- MCE/CEU Credits:
- Continuing education credits will be available each day: 3 ethics hours for Wednesday, 6 hours for Thursday, and 6 hours for Friday.
- College Credit:
- One graduate credit through Ashland University will be available for those who attend all of the Thursday and Friday sessions of the OSPA Fall Conference on both November 9-10. Attendees can make arrangements upon checking in at the registration table on Thursday morning or alternatively register online anytime prior to the conference at: Register Now. Please email Rob Kubick at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Vendors interested in an exhibitor table or other sponsorship opportunity during the Thursday and Friday conference sessions may request a form by emailing email@example.com. Vendors are subject to review and will be granted space on a first come, first served basis.
Closes on Sunday, November 5th! Click here for more info.